My Journey to Teaching

Variety is Key

One of the things I’ve been conscious to do in order to keep active in the last few months has been to find the opportunities to get exercise in different places. While staying up until 10 30 to play a hockey game that doesn’t end until midnight isn’t ideal for me these days, doing so is fun and good for me in the long run. It’s sometimes hard to find time during the day to exercise, so  on days like that one must sacrifice some sleep! I’ll remember playing the game that night for a while, but I’ve already forgotten the sleep I didn’t get.

Below: about to hit the ice way past my bedtime

Another good idea when trying to stay active with a tight schedule is to hit two birds with one stone (or if you don’t like that figure of speech, pet two dogs with one hand) by combining social outings with sports! I’ve always loved playing squash, not only because it’s great exercise but also because it provides a great opportunity to catch up with old friends. Bookend your game with a delightful steam room session at your local YMCA for the ultimate experience!

Below: me and my game-face ready to squash it up against Kurt, a nice fellow I hadn’t seen in some time (not pictured: genuine smile)

1. Nick

Ya dude! But Kerry Park?!

• cwaddell

This was Pearkes! I would not venture to Kerry Park at any indecent hour!