This October, I completed the fitting number of 31 activities on my Strava app for a total of 228.5km (from running and biking).  That wouldn’t be a lot for some people (some crazy person on Strava biked over 5,000 km this month), but considering my usual tally for October would be in and around zero, I’m pretty happy with that. Overall, I’m proud of myself for sticking to my goal of riding to school every day. The past week has been beautiful (albeit a bit cold and dark) so riding hasn’t been much of a chore, but there were a few doozie days in October where I seriously considered hopping in my car. But I didn’t, and I think the motivation found in the app and in the public nature of this inquiry are the reasons why.  So what I take from this is that if you want help incorporating fitness into a busy life, use apps on your phone and make yourself publicly accountable! I look forward to continuing this inquiry in November (I just bought some new bike lights because daylight savings is just around the corner and it’s about to get real dark).

Also, Happy Halloween – here’s me as a Minion (thanks Anna).